Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Over the desert she crossed

God that was horrible. I remember writing that there should have been other things than snakes here, but I didn't mean things like that. It was...grotesque. It was as big as a dog. I don't know what it was. It had legs, I think, and jaws and so many goddamn teeth.

I'm bleeding. That thing bit me. But I killed it. I stuck the sharpened stick up and through its goddamn mouth. The stick came out of its eye. It was gross. But I killed it.

I wonder if it's as crunchy as snakes.

Oh well, better not let any food go to waste.

 -- April Chase

1 comment:

  1. It bit you.. and you're going to eat it?

    You know, there's an old belief that warriors would eat the fallen's heart/organs in order to consume their spirit. Are you.. sure you want to consume that spirit that way?

    Maybe I'm being paranoid. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete